As time goes on Odysseys With Love is slowly building up our camping gear and we wanted to share with you what we are working on right now and what we plan to buy in the future.
We so far don’t have a lot, but have a full list of gear that we can’t wait to buy. With us planning to visit Disney World one day, and if we don’t stay off-site at an RV park, we may stay on site in our tents to save a bit of money down the road or, well even save that money to spend at the parks. We will soon have a store website of all the things that we have found that we either want or have.
Our Current Camping Gear we used at Padre Island
- Ozark Trail Eight Person Two Room Tent.
- What we like about the tent, Wal-Mart had it for around $80.00 on sale when Megan Purchased it, but Amazon also has one similar that you can buy. It also has two rooms, one side for James and Megan and another side for the girls. It seems to be decently watertight when Megan put it up in the backyard when it was about to rain, only a few leaks. It comes with four pockets on the walls for water bottles and other gear and a media pocket.
- What we didn’t like about the tent, it’s size was ok for our family of four, and its great for the price point. We would like more room and windows. It was also hard to tell which side of the rain fly was the front till we had it on.
- Expert Grill – 17.5 Inch Charcoal Grill
- Megan was silly and purchased this cheap grill that she didn’t realize she would need to fully set up and would take a lot of space with the legs, so what did she do? She left them off to cook right on the ground.
- Jensen Portable CD and Sterio
- We needed music, as both Megan and Rhyan need background noise to fall asleep and the ocean waves was not enough to get Rhyan asleep at first.
- I am not real sure the brand of coolers we brought were as I have no pictures of them and the stickers are now off. We have two coolers, one for drinks, the other for foodstuff.
- Tent Sand Spikes
- We didn’t need them truthfully down at the beach we stayed at but it was windy, and if we stayed anywhere else that wasn’t as hard packed we might have needed them.
- First Aid Kit
- This is a no-brainer. Megan picked up a small kit for when
- Camping Chairs
- We have three cheap chairs, two of which Megan’s neighbor was tossing in the trash since they no longer needed them. James also had one of his own. We picked up Rhyan a Minnie Mouse chair at the Dollar General for $5.00 on sale.
That’s all we have so far. But, we plan to buy a lot more to add to our gear. We have all the below things on our list in our Amazon cart.
Awesome Amazon Camping Gear